- Do they avoid getting distracted easily?
- Do they keep going even when the going gets tough?
- Are they aware that their actions can impact on others?
- Are they happy to have a go at something that is new to them?
- Do they use a variety of strategies to control feelings?
- Can they generate questions linked to their learning challenge?
- Do they use their imagination to generate ideas?
- Can they explain what they have learnt from someone else?
- Are they able to ask sensible questions about their learning?
- Are they curious about new learning and are they prepared to ask questions to find out more?
- Can they suggest more than one way to solve a problem?
- Can they suggest a way forward following a dispute?
- Do they understand what they need to do next to improve their learning?
- Can they suggest where their learning could have been completed better?
- Do they understand what makes them learn better?
- Are they happy to make changes to their original ideas?
- Do they take enough time to make sense of a problem that is presented to them?
- Are they able to explain why others may be feeling unhappy or sad?
- Can they suggest a way to overcome a problem with others?
- Are they able to choose the best time to speak with someone?
- Are they happy to share their learning with others?
- Are they able to think of a range of instructions for others to follow?
- Are they happy both to lead or to be directed by others?
- Do they consider the views of all group members during discussions?